Winter Wonderland Blues – Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Thanks to our friends from Berlin Bear Blues Exchange, they nicely shared their code of conduct with us and we are applying it to the Winter Wonderland Blues as well.
Please read the code of conduct and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Dancing is meant to be fun! We want to to have fun and enjoy connecting with others on the dance floor. At the same time, we also want everyone to feel and be safe while attending our event.
So, here are 7 quick points to bear in mind while attending the Ice Bear Exchange:
- Respect your own and other people’s physical and emotional boundaries.
- We see dancing as an invitation to tolerance and generosity. However, it’s okay to say “no” for any reason.
- Respect peoples opinions, beliefs, differing states of being and differing points of view.
- Take care of yourself and of others – on and off the dance floor (this includes personal hygiene, illness and alcohol).
- Be responsible for your own actions. Be aware that your actions can have an effect on others.
- If you experience or witness any behaviour that crosses your boundaries or makes you feel uncomfortable the organisers are here for you, but remember that simple communication may help.
- Dance roles are not necessarily related to gender. Everyone can dance with anyone!
Any behaviour that threatens other’s safety within the space may lead to exclusion of the event.
If you encounter any problems you want to talk about, please contact us.
In addition to this there will be two people at the event who are our safe space ambassadors, who are always available for a talk or to take action if you feel that your own or someone elses personal space is being violated. We will introduce them to you at the beginning of the event and wish that this event will be pleasant and save to everyone.